That’s right, the Queen has Spoken, again! I have to tell you, I picked myself to be Queen of my own life and you can too. I just love the sound of it. Even my fellow workers call me Queen. I am Queen of a Red Hat group, Flashy Flamingos. You can be queen if you decide to!
We are an awesome group of ladies that love being together. We will be celebrating 13 years in 2016. You ask, “how has your group managed to stay together?” Well, if it’s to be, it’s up to me! That has been my motto for quite some time.
I want to encourage you to “step out of your comfort zone” and start living the life you want to live. Just waiting for it to come to you? That’s not going to happen! I want to share some tips to help you get started to build the dream life, at least the Queen thinks so!
- Build a network of people you enjoy being around. Don’t include those that have a negative outlook on life. They will drag you down.
- Be cheerful and have a positive attitude! Nothing is worse that being in a group of people. One bad apple can ruin the fun for everyone.
- Plan to meet outside of home and work, even if it’s for dessert and coffee. Staying connected with each other will Super Charge your energy.
- Find new and interesting places to meet or travel. This is very important to keep life up-beat and full of adventure.
- Share your ideas and dreams for the future. This is a good way to understand the person and what their goals are in life.
- Let each person share responsiblity for planning. Again, this gives each one power to share their ideas plus give them a sense of self-worth.
- Encourage each person to invite others. Having new members will be refreshing and they too can bring new ideas to the table.
- Don’t be discouraged if everyone can’t attend. This is one of the most important ideas that have kept us strong and together. We all have times when life happens.
- Play like you are young again! Being together with friends let’s us feel young and alive. We all get bogged down with everyday stress.
- Be committed to do your best for the group. If you are in charge of an event give 100% to make it the best you can. Nothing is worse than someone who doesn’t follow through.
Some fun lunches and cool travel destinations have been the highlight of our group. Some of our lunches include themes. One that comes to mind is when we dressed in authentic Chinese attire to eat at a local Chinese restaurant. The chef cooked our meal right in front of us and we all laughed and had a memory for a life-time. Our travels include some local events, Huntsville Botanical Gardens, an Elvis show at Merrimack Hall, and a lot of the times, lunch at Rosie’s Cantina.
- Savannah, GA
- Atlanta, GA
- Nashville, TN
- Franklin, TN
- Las Vegas, NV
- New York, NY
- San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
The travel plans are a collaborative effort. So arrangements are agreed upon and we all stay flexible just in case of any changes. Can you be flexible?
Feel it, Believe it, Pass it on! The Power of Friendships. I feel you will get some inspiration and laughs along the way.
It’s not about material wealth but the wealth of having good friends to share life with.
This article, The Queen has spoken, will help you on the road to enjoying life like a QUEEN!
Doris aka Queen Rose