Six avenues of research in your quest to become a self-published author.
- Select your self publishing company. Communicate daily with your advisor.
- Enlist the people in your circle of friends to give you feed-back. They will be honest and give you loads of good advice.
- Select a person to proof read your chapters. ( You can hire a professional. I chose several of my friends to help.)
- Research your title to see if it ranks high with Google. Be creative! It needs to be something catchy.
- Your book cover design is most important. Select an image to inspire your audience and make them want to open the book and read.
- Keep colored photos to a minimal. Color photos can drive up the cost of production. Black and white are cheaper.
Hints to consider
- How much are you willing to spend? You can purchase a medium priced package for under $1,000. It will include loads of features and business support to answer all your thousands of questions.
- I suggest a book calendar to keep you on track. Don’t try to do too many things at once. Build your calendar around topics to be completed. Work with one thing at a time. Start with the most important and work down.
You CAN become a self publish author.