I know, you’ve heard the saying before.
Sunshine in my Soul today!
I want to share my sunshine and it’s because at the ripe age of soon-to-be 72, I made a decision to retire! It’s with mixed feelings and emotions but I know it is what I need to do. My life has been filled with friends and family that want the best for me. I think God is pleased with my decision. I talk to him daily for guidance and inspiration and through my prayers I know God is listening. I guess many of you don’t understand that life but it’s one that’s given me peace and happiness.
I look forward to spending quite moments in my hammock reflecting on the pass and planning the future. My husband and I need this time to travel and enjoy the later years of our marriage. I want to enjoy the days of sleeping late, eating when I’m hungry, and napping on rainy days when I can’t be outside.
I look forward to spending time with my family and laughing about silly things. My friends will fill my days of fun and adventure too. They have always been my inspiration.
Life is full of sunshine and it’s in my soul today!
I am so blessed! It’s not just a yearly holiday, once you become a mother it’s Mother’s Day Everyday! Blessings occur the minute you give birth. Holding that precious child in your arms and dreaming of the days ahead.
I have felt that kind of feeling and continue to feel the love of my two sons. Since the time they were born up to the age of 50+, I’ve watched them grow into a responsible adult husbands and fathers. They make my heart flow with love and happiness. I’ve been given the best Mother’s Day anyone could ask for.
I hope you experience that kind of joy and have a blessed Mother’s Day Everyday! Hold that feeling in your heart all year-long.
Loving life, Doris
The beach is calling my name!
I know that is a call for many of us. Relaxing on a white sandy beach, listening to the waves of the ocean, seeing the seagulls flap their wings, and feeling the sand between our toes. We all long for that site, sound, and feeling. It give us the feeling of letting our troubles go. It has healing power and renews our soul.
Dream that dream with me today and feel the power of your own imagination take over. With so many life altering changes in the world give yourself positive reinforcement to control your mind as well as your life.
Just for today,
Queen’s Art Studio
Fall is a time for Changing Seasons! Even if you feel you don’t need to change, a rush of peace comes over me when You see the leaves changing colors or feel the cool morning air upon waking.
The butterflies are loving the butterfly bush and still flutter outside my bedroom window.
Changing Seasons has begun.
The burning bushes will be turning red soon. The Bird Girl is watching and waiting.
The purple asters showed their colors 2 weeks ago!
Changing Seasons has begun.
I love Fall, Doris
Fall season is here!
Its my favorite time of the year. Leaves turning colors of red, yellow, and green. Trees shedding their robes of summer heat and grasses turn brown and sound “chunchy” from heat and wear of the mover and children’s feet. Fall season is here!
I am inspired to remember pallets with my sister making Clover necklaces and looking up at the clouds. Some of my creativity was inspiration from the changes of seasons.
Memories are what makes life special!
Thank you Fall Season,
I am so happy and excited about the way society has embraced adult coloring pages! I love to color and am in the process of creating my own Whimsical Art Queen Studio Coloring Book.
It’s rare to meet radiant personalities but I feel I can brag about my new friend during my trip to San Miguel. Radiant in the sense of loving life and living it to the fullest. I was Inspired by Friendship and enthused to tell you about the dream.
Updates from my previous posts, I’m Waiting with Excitement!, brings joy and happiness with words from myself and my gal friends that shared the Days in San Miguel,2016. Let the fun begin!
Life is so good, especially when you realize you have the blessings from above. God gives the blessings I receive and it’s up to me to use my talents to the fullest of my ability. I’m thrilled to be alive!
Today especially, I shopped until I was ready to drop buying fun clothes and accessories to take on my trip to Mexico. I told my friends that I created a shopping frenzy when I decided to be inspired and dress like Advance Style for our trip.
Here is a lady that was thrilled to be alive. She lived her life so that others saw the beauty of her soul. Life is too short not to enjoy what you do and what you wear. Read about this angel of a lady.
This is a portrait of JEANNE LOUISE CALMENT (1875-1997) who was the darling of the media, back in 1995, when she reached her 120th birthday and became the oldest known person in the world – she would further become, by another year, the oldest documented person ever to have lived. I did several sketches, but it was another twelve years before I could start the figure. She was still riding her bicycle at 110 but she fell from it a year or so later, and damaged her hip, which caused her arthritis to advance, so that by 115 years, in 1990, she was confined to a wheelchair. At 118 years, she could no longer hold a cigarette between her fingers, and became a fire hazard, so she stopped smoking. By then, she had smoked continuously for over 100 years, during which time she had outlived every member of her known family, though she never seemed to be lonely, loving life as she did, and having so much of it to remember.
She was wonderfully self-possessed, and naturally polite, so she would always answer questions, but her answers would be as brief as possible so as not to be extensively distracted from her delicious thoughts of the past. “I was a great flirt.” she would say, “There are just so many moments to recall, and each one always reminds me of other things long forgotten.” and she would often ad, “You know, I only ever had one wrinkle and I’m sitting on it.” This, of course, would all sound more naturally amusing in French. Indeed, she always lived in a very natural way, even refusing to have her cataracts operated on, because it was “Natural to have cataracts” at her age.
Her family had been wealthy, so, when she was 84, she was living in a fine Paris apartment when a real-estate broker offered to pay all her bills till she died if she would leave her apartment to him. She agreed, of course, and proceeded to outlive him and all his associates – and the company as well, which she had delivered into bankruptcy, though they claimed at the time it was only to void their agreement.
She was raised in Arles, where her father was a boat builder, and, when she was 18, she spent some time helping out her fiancé’s family-owned fabric shop, which was frequented by Van Gogh when he needed canvass, and, of course she had waited on him. When asked, she would say,” I will never forget him. He was just so dirty – he was filthy as a louse.” It would seem that first impressions really are enduring – and one must keep in mind that Vincent was a failed artist when they met. He never sold a painting in his life, and the lack of recognition clearly unbalanced him – it may have killed him.
She would never give advice on how to live a long life, but would simply note that “God must have just forgotten me.” I think not. In fact, she seemed to grow sassier and lovelier every year, and God must have just wanted to see how long she could keep it up. So, here she is sitting with her ciggies on her own little pedestal for all to admire, but none daring to interrupt the rich flow of her thoughts – good heavens, no!
Thanks for the article and we do love this lady!
That’s why I am thrilled to be alive! I can choose to wear my clothes and accessories no matter what age I am. I love life and live it to the fullest. I hope I can inspire you to give it a thought to enjoy life and feel thrilled to be alive. Show it in your smile, life style, and even your clothes!
Hoping you love me, Doris
I stand amazed at the wealth of information on Pintrest. I think I am In Love with Pintrest frankly! The site is creative, informative, welcoming, and full of things that make my world rock!
I started out with just a few boards on Pintrest and before you know it, I was hooked. I now have over 200 boards and 26.3k pins with 1.4k followers. Don’t forget to find me at the Queens Studio I’ll be watching for you.
Check out my board on Bohemian-Gypsy-Wanderlust, I think it rocks! It’s all about the life style I love.
You will fall In Love with Pintrest too. Especially when you find that certain craft, receipe, or DIY article you need.
Some things that make it special;
Open 24 hours a day.
Search any topic.
For Male and Female.
Create your own personal boards.
Connect with other pinners.
Learn new topics at your disposal.
Likes posted on your pins.
Share ideas from your blog.
Alphabetize for easy access to boards.
Life is good when you sign up for a Pintrest account. It gives you freedom to search any hour of the day. I would be lost without it, especially with the seasonal holidays. You can find crafts of any imagination along with recepies for wonderful dinners and parties. It helped me to build my art studio. I found ideas and both my contractor and I colloraborated the details. My life would be quite dull without the help of Pintrest.
Yes, you too can fall In Love with Pintrest. Go there now and spread the joy of pinning. Please give Pintrest a try, I think you will fall in love too!
Just sayin, Doris
Many of us start to make New Year resolutions about this time each year. 2016 will begin about the same for many people. Do you want 2016 to be the same? Make 2016 A New Beginning for your resolution!
It can be if you believe. You ask, what are you talking about? I want to pass it on to you. I too make New Year resolutions but the best one I made was to follow Jesus.
Jesus is my go-to when I am feeling sad or need a friend. Jesus is always available any time day or night. Read your bible and know you can obtain peace.
I like to hear Joel Osteen and see how he adds positive life stories to give us his positive message. He inspired me to heights I never dreamed I could accomplish. God speaks to him and I listen.
The best gift ever given was Jesus coming to this earth and walking among the people and teaching by his example. Jesus died for you and me. He can take away your heartache when everything else fails.
Take time to figure out where you will spend eternity. We can’t predict the day we will die. If you don’t make a decision you will be lost when Jesus comes again. Make a wise decision and know it’s the best decision of your life.
A New Beginning can help you in every situation you face. I beg you do it before it’s too late. God has a plan for you. He knows your heart and he will enrich your life and give you peace. You can have the assurance of a home eternally.
I hope my message will inspire you to make a New Beginning, Doris
What do you think? Is Santa real or make believe. My idea is that Santa lives in your heart. The way you are raised plays a big part of how you live your life and teach your children. Many times we play the part of keeping Santa alive for our children’s sake. But what about you when the children are no longer your focus?
I believe you need to follow your heart. Some of you say it’s too much trouble to shop and buy gifts for others. Keep in mind, it’s not the gift but it’s the thought that counts.
I met a sweet lady while in the eye doctor and she summed it up. She was the ripe age of 83. She told me she had one son but he worked a lot of hours and wouldn’t be coming to visit her during the holidays. She said ahe wished there were no holidays. Why? Because she had no family to share it with. It was just another day of living alone. Her neighbors and her church were her extended family. Her life seemed very lonely.
I tried to cheer her and explain the holiday feeling was inside our hearts. She could put up some decorations, listen to some Christmas songs and maybe that would help her feel cheerful during the holiday times. After a while, she did say she was going to bake some cookies for her neighbor. I told her that was a good thing.
I want to encourage each person to think about someone to share the holiday with. Not only family but those elderly people that need cheering up. I know we all are so busy in our daily lives with work and family but someone is hurting and longing for a visit from Santa.
Do you think Santa is real or make believe? Let your heart start believing and make an effort to cheer someone this holiday. You might become Santa in their heart and yours.
Happy holidays and Merry Christmas
Queen Rose aka Doris
In case you missed the post, Inspiration, I want to update you on my progress. This is the first of several to inspire you to set goals and start a project to inspire your thought process. In this article, my Inspiration Project, the whimsical wall art.
A quick summary of the last article- I’m inspired to paint a colorful arrangement of canvas for my living room wall. I found just what I was looking for on Lightinthebox . The set of canvas are colorful with a whimsical touch. I started researching the items needed to complete the project and thought I would share it with you. I will update my progress as I go along. It will be mind-boggling at first but I’ve set my goal. I feel assured I can achieve it!
Well, I’m on my way to being half way complete. I set my goal and bought my canvas, paints, and brushes and sketched my work.
STEPS TO PREPARE CANVAS
- I gave the canvas an all over coat of light yellow acrylic paint. The canvas has gesso when purchased but I wanted to give more depth to the canvas.
- I started with the lighter color, white and moved onto the darker paint adding variations of each paint color on top of the main color.
- I painted smaller details and added shadow effects around the base and sides of the canvas.
- I penciled in a light drawing of the items in the painting with various colors of green, aqua, orange, darker yellow and beige,
- Several coats of paint later, I outlined the violin and surrounding items.
The center canvas is now complete!
I hope my Inspiration Project will give you a nudge to get off your seat and start your project now! I will gladly give advice and help if you need me. My goal is to share and inspire!
Yes, I’m writing about the notion that marriages can work even after 50+years.
I am one of the small number of women who still believe marriage is sacred. I have tried many things and many things did not work, at least with my marriage. So maybe some on the list of 50Ways to Stay Married will give you some ideas. Some of them work for me maybe they can work for you!
50 WAYS TO STAY MARRIED
- Use words that are positive and rewarding to your mate. I know there are times you have to let them have it, but remember, you can’t take back words said in haste.
- Tell others how special your mate it and what he means to you. The worse thing you can do is bad-mouth your spouse to others, especially to your children.
- Make his lunch and place a note of love inside.
- Make his favorite meal now and then.
- Include his family when holidays roll around.
- Try not to offend him with hurtful words about his in-laws. There will definitely be times that you will need to talk it out but keep it to a minimum.
- Set aside time for a weekly date. It can be a dinner date, movie, or just a walk in the park.
- Ask him how his day went and listen attentively.
- Stay in tune with his health and how he is feeling on a daily basis.
- Offer to make doctor or dental appointments as needed.
- Find hobbies you both can enjoy. Example; football, camping, water sports.
- Buy his favorite snacks and drinks.
- Bake his favorite cake or cookies.
- Snuggle with him when he’s cold.
- Kiss him good night, every night.
- Laugh at his jokes even when you don’t find them amusing.
- Be able to do some of the home chores without his help.
- Join him at a local church service. This will help to build a strong foundation.
- Always remember birthdays, anniversaries, and holidays with a card.
- Offer to go with him on a business trip, if you can.
- Start each day on a positive note. Tell him you love him!
- Prepare food for his parents when they are sick.
- Ask his friends over for dinner parties.
- Take a vacation where he likes to go.
- Pick up his dirty clothes without complaining. Yes, he could be leaving them on his girlfriends bedroom floor.
- Bake a food item for him to take to his holiday party. You will get rave reviews.
- Ask the kids to honor their father by saying, “yes sir and no sir.”
- Keep the kids quite when he’s watching the game! Most important, it’s his time and they need to watch or go to their room.
- Dress with attire that is appropriate and makes him feel honored.
- Limit your girlfriend phone calls to minimum. Husbands tend to get irritated when you stay on the phone too much.
- Rub his back when he’s had a hard day.
- Focus on his needs before yours. Be available for his sexual needs. There may come a time when he will get what they need somewhere else.
- Don’t interrupt his attitude, he may need nourishment. He may just need to unwind from a hard day. I find this to be true many times!
- Speak softly and do not show anger when things don’t go your way. Compromise!
- Treat your husband with respect. The same will come back to you.
- Set aside a time to reflect on your day and talk out issues that are troubling you both.
- No name calling! This only hurts him and will come back to hurt you in the long run.
- Appreciate his hobbies. This can free time for you to do the things you enjoy.
- Welcome times that he wants to go off with his buddies. We all need time with our friends.
- Be willing to hand over the remote. This is not an easy task. Maybe think about sharing or even buying a TV for the bedroom.
- Keep your car clean. Guys hate dirty cars with all kinds of “stuff” thrown around the inside.
- The man is head of the house. Let him believe it even if you have to take the lead at times.
- Remain faithful until death do us part. God has joined you as one.
- Above all else, keep yourself healthy and desirable.
- Keep the house clean and tidy.
- Have dinner prepared or at least a plan when he comes home from work. You will win brownie points for this one!
- Don’t spend the day in your pj’s even if it’s the weekend. Guys like their ladies to look their best.
- Money issues will arise. Have an open mind when he complains about your shopping habits.
- Make a list of chores you need help with and present it to him. Let him pick one’s he feels comfortable doing.
- Always, always expect to give the best and the best is what you will get in return!
Keep in mind that you and your spouse will always have disagreements. The thing to keep in mind is that you were attracted to each other for many reasons. Look deep into your heart and ask yourself, “Am I willing to endure the little struggles of life in order to have a wonderful life?”
Let me hear from you. I know there a more ways to love and keep your spouse happy. You have to realize know too marriages are alike. You set the pattern when you say I DO. Start today and reclaim your marriage. It’s a daily work in progress but it can happen if you want it to.
I’m hoping 50 WAYS TO STAY MARRIED will give you ideas to get you on your way to a marriage God holds sacred!
In Christian love, Doris
To be ” inspired ” is to live ” this ” day to its fullest.
“The greatest gift we can give is to discover who we are and share it with the world” We each are given the gift of free will and choice’s. It is our responsibility to choose wisely how we share this gift toward the world and to realize that ultimately every action and choice we make touch’s something outside of ourselves and in the end it all comes back to us.
I choose the path of love, compassion and understanding which is the path of the “warrior” and brings me closer to my Creator. It creates in my world a place of inner peace.
Where do we find inspiration? For many artist, writers, musicians, we find it within ourselves. We don’t have to dig deep as it’s always on the underlying surface of our beings. I want to share it with the world, it’s there if you will give it a try. My goal is to give you tools to bring that inspiration full circle.
My tools are simple and short designed to work and help you achieve inspiration;
- Let your mind clear of all outside turmoil. Yes, you CAN do it!
- Have a cup of joe and close your eyes to the outside world. It’s just you and your thoughts.
- What gives you joy and peace? That’s called inspiration.
- Start each day each day with a mission. It doesn’t have to be one that keeps you from your job or family, it’s one that says, “I’m going to live in the moment and not worry about tomorrow.”
- Set your goal for the day. It may be completing a project you started months ago or one that you want to start. The key to this thinking is COMPLETION. If you procrastinate then you get what I’m saying.
- Keep your goal in the front of your mind. Write it down. Place a written note on your refrigerator. Place notes around the house with reminders. Let your family know you are on a mission.
- Write down steps to complete your goal. You might have to take a few days or even a few weeks to obtain it.
- Think outside the box. There is more than one way to view any project.
I’m inspired to paint a colorful arrangement of canvas for my living room wall. I found just what I was looking for on Lightinthebox . The set of canvas are colorful with a whimsical touch. I started researching the items needed to complete the project and thought I would share it with you. I will update my progress as I go along. It will be mind-boggling at first but I’ve set my goal. I feel assured I can achieve it!
I hope in some small way I have given you some tools to help you on your search for inspiration.
Each person has a gift given to you by the almighty God.
Sometimes you have to live a little life before it comes to you full circle.
Inspiration is contagious, give it to others and see what comes back to you!
I salute you on your mission to find inspiration.
Doris aka Queen Rose