The beach is calling my name!
I know that is a call for many of us. Relaxing on a white sandy beach, listening to the waves of the ocean, seeing the seagulls flap their wings, and feeling the sand between our toes. We all long for that site, sound, and feeling. It give us the feeling of letting our troubles go. It has healing power and renews our soul.
Dream that dream with me today and feel the power of your own imagination take over. With so many life altering changes in the world give yourself positive reinforcement to control your mind as well as your life.
Just for today,
Queen’s Art Studio
Fall is a time for Changing Seasons! Even if you feel you don’t need to change, a rush of peace comes over me when You see the leaves changing colors or feel the cool morning air upon waking.
The butterflies are loving the butterfly bush and still flutter outside my bedroom window.
Changing Seasons has begun.
The burning bushes will be turning red soon. The Bird Girl is watching and waiting.
The purple asters showed their colors 2 weeks ago!
Changing Seasons has begun.
I love Fall, Doris
Fall season is here!
Its my favorite time of the year. Leaves turning colors of red, yellow, and green. Trees shedding their robes of summer heat and grasses turn brown and sound “chunchy” from heat and wear of the mover and children’s feet. Fall season is here!
I am inspired to remember pallets with my sister making Clover necklaces and looking up at the clouds. Some of my creativity was inspiration from the changes of seasons.
Memories are what makes life special!
Thank you Fall Season,
Life is so good, especially when you realize you have the blessings from above. God gives the blessings I receive and it’s up to me to use my talents to the fullest of my ability. I’m thrilled to be alive!
Today especially, I shopped until I was ready to drop buying fun clothes and accessories to take on my trip to Mexico. I told my friends that I created a shopping frenzy when I decided to be inspired and dress like Advance Style for our trip.
Here is a lady that was thrilled to be alive. She lived her life so that others saw the beauty of her soul. Life is too short not to enjoy what you do and what you wear. Read about this angel of a lady.
This is a portrait of JEANNE LOUISE CALMENT (1875-1997) who was the darling of the media, back in 1995, when she reached her 120th birthday and became the oldest known person in the world – she would further become, by another year, the oldest documented person ever to have lived. I did several sketches, but it was another twelve years before I could start the figure. She was still riding her bicycle at 110 but she fell from it a year or so later, and damaged her hip, which caused her arthritis to advance, so that by 115 years, in 1990, she was confined to a wheelchair. At 118 years, she could no longer hold a cigarette between her fingers, and became a fire hazard, so she stopped smoking. By then, she had smoked continuously for over 100 years, during which time she had outlived every member of her known family, though she never seemed to be lonely, loving life as she did, and having so much of it to remember.
She was wonderfully self-possessed, and naturally polite, so she would always answer questions, but her answers would be as brief as possible so as not to be extensively distracted from her delicious thoughts of the past. “I was a great flirt.” she would say, “There are just so many moments to recall, and each one always reminds me of other things long forgotten.” and she would often ad, “You know, I only ever had one wrinkle and I’m sitting on it.” This, of course, would all sound more naturally amusing in French. Indeed, she always lived in a very natural way, even refusing to have her cataracts operated on, because it was “Natural to have cataracts” at her age.
Her family had been wealthy, so, when she was 84, she was living in a fine Paris apartment when a real-estate broker offered to pay all her bills till she died if she would leave her apartment to him. She agreed, of course, and proceeded to outlive him and all his associates – and the company as well, which she had delivered into bankruptcy, though they claimed at the time it was only to void their agreement.
She was raised in Arles, where her father was a boat builder, and, when she was 18, she spent some time helping out her fiancé’s family-owned fabric shop, which was frequented by Van Gogh when he needed canvass, and, of course she had waited on him. When asked, she would say,” I will never forget him. He was just so dirty – he was filthy as a louse.” It would seem that first impressions really are enduring – and one must keep in mind that Vincent was a failed artist when they met. He never sold a painting in his life, and the lack of recognition clearly unbalanced him – it may have killed him.
She would never give advice on how to live a long life, but would simply note that “God must have just forgotten me.” I think not. In fact, she seemed to grow sassier and lovelier every year, and God must have just wanted to see how long she could keep it up. So, here she is sitting with her ciggies on her own little pedestal for all to admire, but none daring to interrupt the rich flow of her thoughts – good heavens, no!
Thanks for the article and we do love this lady!
That’s why I am thrilled to be alive! I can choose to wear my clothes and accessories no matter what age I am. I love life and live it to the fullest. I hope I can inspire you to give it a thought to enjoy life and feel thrilled to be alive. Show it in your smile, life style, and even your clothes!
Hoping you love me, Doris
Friends in Mexico
Enjoy the ride!
Yes, I’m writing about the notion that marriages can work even after 50+years.
I am one of the small number of women who still believe marriage is sacred. I have tried many things and many things did not work, at least with my marriage. So maybe some on the list of 50Ways to Stay Married will give you some ideas. Some of them work for me maybe they can work for you!
50 WAYS TO STAY MARRIED
- Use words that are positive and rewarding to your mate. I know there are times you have to let them have it, but remember, you can’t take back words said in haste.
- Tell others how special your mate it and what he means to you. The worse thing you can do is bad-mouth your spouse to others, especially to your children.
- Make his lunch and place a note of love inside.
- Make his favorite meal now and then.
- Include his family when holidays roll around.
- Try not to offend him with hurtful words about his in-laws. There will definitely be times that you will need to talk it out but keep it to a minimum.
- Set aside time for a weekly date. It can be a dinner date, movie, or just a walk in the park.
- Ask him how his day went and listen attentively.
- Stay in tune with his health and how he is feeling on a daily basis.
- Offer to make doctor or dental appointments as needed.
- Find hobbies you both can enjoy. Example; football, camping, water sports.
- Buy his favorite snacks and drinks.
- Bake his favorite cake or cookies.
- Snuggle with him when he’s cold.
- Kiss him good night, every night.
- Laugh at his jokes even when you don’t find them amusing.
- Be able to do some of the home chores without his help.
- Join him at a local church service. This will help to build a strong foundation.
- Always remember birthdays, anniversaries, and holidays with a card.
- Offer to go with him on a business trip, if you can.
- Start each day on a positive note. Tell him you love him!
- Prepare food for his parents when they are sick.
- Ask his friends over for dinner parties.
- Take a vacation where he likes to go.
- Pick up his dirty clothes without complaining. Yes, he could be leaving them on his girlfriends bedroom floor.
- Bake a food item for him to take to his holiday party. You will get rave reviews.
- Ask the kids to honor their father by saying, “yes sir and no sir.”
- Keep the kids quite when he’s watching the game! Most important, it’s his time and they need to watch or go to their room.
- Dress with attire that is appropriate and makes him feel honored.
- Limit your girlfriend phone calls to minimum. Husbands tend to get irritated when you stay on the phone too much.
- Rub his back when he’s had a hard day.
- Focus on his needs before yours. Be available for his sexual needs. There may come a time when he will get what they need somewhere else.
- Don’t interrupt his attitude, he may need nourishment. He may just need to unwind from a hard day. I find this to be true many times!
- Speak softly and do not show anger when things don’t go your way. Compromise!
- Treat your husband with respect. The same will come back to you.
- Set aside a time to reflect on your day and talk out issues that are troubling you both.
- No name calling! This only hurts him and will come back to hurt you in the long run.
- Appreciate his hobbies. This can free time for you to do the things you enjoy.
- Welcome times that he wants to go off with his buddies. We all need time with our friends.
- Be willing to hand over the remote. This is not an easy task. Maybe think about sharing or even buying a TV for the bedroom.
- Keep your car clean. Guys hate dirty cars with all kinds of “stuff” thrown around the inside.
- The man is head of the house. Let him believe it even if you have to take the lead at times.
- Remain faithful until death do us part. God has joined you as one.
- Above all else, keep yourself healthy and desirable.
- Keep the house clean and tidy.
- Have dinner prepared or at least a plan when he comes home from work. You will win brownie points for this one!
- Don’t spend the day in your pj’s even if it’s the weekend. Guys like their ladies to look their best.
- Money issues will arise. Have an open mind when he complains about your shopping habits.
- Make a list of chores you need help with and present it to him. Let him pick one’s he feels comfortable doing.
- Always, always expect to give the best and the best is what you will get in return!
Keep in mind that you and your spouse will always have disagreements. The thing to keep in mind is that you were attracted to each other for many reasons. Look deep into your heart and ask yourself, “Am I willing to endure the little struggles of life in order to have a wonderful life?”
Let me hear from you. I know there a more ways to love and keep your spouse happy. You have to realize know too marriages are alike. You set the pattern when you say I DO. Start today and reclaim your marriage. It’s a daily work in progress but it can happen if you want it to.
I’m hoping 50 WAYS TO STAY MARRIED will give you ideas to get you on your way to a marriage God holds sacred!
In Christian love, Doris
To be ” inspired ” is to live ” this ” day to its fullest.
“The greatest gift we can give is to discover who we are and share it with the world” We each are given the gift of free will and choice’s. It is our responsibility to choose wisely how we share this gift toward the world and to realize that ultimately every action and choice we make touch’s something outside of ourselves and in the end it all comes back to us.
I choose the path of love, compassion and understanding which is the path of the “warrior” and brings me closer to my Creator. It creates in my world a place of inner peace.
Where do we find inspiration? For many artist, writers, musicians, we find it within ourselves. We don’t have to dig deep as it’s always on the underlying surface of our beings. I want to share it with the world, it’s there if you will give it a try. My goal is to give you tools to bring that inspiration full circle.
My tools are simple and short designed to work and help you achieve inspiration;
- Let your mind clear of all outside turmoil. Yes, you CAN do it!
- Have a cup of joe and close your eyes to the outside world. It’s just you and your thoughts.
- What gives you joy and peace? That’s called inspiration.
- Start each day each day with a mission. It doesn’t have to be one that keeps you from your job or family, it’s one that says, “I’m going to live in the moment and not worry about tomorrow.”
- Set your goal for the day. It may be completing a project you started months ago or one that you want to start. The key to this thinking is COMPLETION. If you procrastinate then you get what I’m saying.
- Keep your goal in the front of your mind. Write it down. Place a written note on your refrigerator. Place notes around the house with reminders. Let your family know you are on a mission.
- Write down steps to complete your goal. You might have to take a few days or even a few weeks to obtain it.
- Think outside the box. There is more than one way to view any project.
I’m inspired to paint a colorful arrangement of canvas for my living room wall. I found just what I was looking for on Lightinthebox . The set of canvas are colorful with a whimsical touch. I started researching the items needed to complete the project and thought I would share it with you. I will update my progress as I go along. It will be mind-boggling at first but I’ve set my goal. I feel assured I can achieve it!
Whimsical Wall Art
I hope in some small way I have given you some tools to help you on your search for inspiration.
Each person has a gift given to you by the almighty God.
Sometimes you have to live a little life before it comes to you full circle.
Inspiration is contagious, give it to others and see what comes back to you!
I salute you on your mission to find inspiration.
Doris aka Queen Rose
Self Publishing Part 3
Are you ready to move on with Self Publishing Part 3? I am here to tell you Rome wasn’t built in a day! You must buckle down and focus on the end result. Make lists with daily points to complete. I would not make that list too long. Many times we all are anxious to get the job done but lose ourselves because it overwhelms us. I set a goal of completing certain areas of book writing on a weekly basis. Don’t let yourself fall into a slump, it’s time to get real.
1-Focus on illustrations – this may be illustrations you draw, select from various friends or the internet, or need the help of a professional. Don’t make the mistake thinking you can do it by yourself. Don’t forget to get permission and a signed contract to use the images in your book. You will also need a bio page of your preferred illustrator.
2-Focus on your book contents page – arrange your chapters with a focus on the reader instead of the author. Chapters require a flow of information to give the reader an easy guide throughout the book.
3-Focus on quotes – quotes from famous people can give your book a sense of ownership and enhance the book tremendously.
4- Focus on costs– a very important part of the book writing process. Talk with your advisor and get a detailed list of items required to complete your project. Don’t just assume the company will cover costs such as, book cover, copyright, etc. Research and research your options.
5- Focus on distribution costs will rise with many attributing factors such as design elements, color illustrations, and selecting a kindle version. I hope by now you did your research and are on your way to having your book cost under control. Yes, things will come up but keep your head focused on costs.
Self Publishing Support
I encourage you to be creativity and get the assistance of your friends and family. Especially let them know you’re in your final days of being a self published writer. Others being behind you and supporting your efforts will give you a rush to help you feel accomplished. I visited a site that inspired me and I think you will be happy with a post of this kind too, book writing .
I congratulate you as a writer and let’s keep in touch. I hope in some small way I have given you tools to be inspired. Self publishing is a goal that is obtainable. My post, Self Publishing Part 3, contains 5 areas to focus on and complete on your way to become the best writer of year!
Sending inspiration, Doris aka Queen Rose