Many of us start to make New Year resolutions about this time each year. 2016 will begin about the same for many people. Do you want 2016 to be the same? Make 2016 A New Beginning for your resolution!
It can be if you believe. You ask, what are you talking about? I want to pass it on to you. I too make New Year resolutions but the best one I made was to follow Jesus.
Jesus is my go-to when I am feeling sad or need a friend. Jesus is always available any time day or night. Read your bible and know you can obtain peace.
I like to hear Joel Osteen and see how he adds positive life stories to give us his positive message. He inspired me to heights I never dreamed I could accomplish. God speaks to him and I listen.
The best gift ever given was Jesus coming to this earth and walking among the people and teaching by his example. Jesus died for you and me. He can take away your heartache when everything else fails.
Take time to figure out where you will spend eternity. We can’t predict the day we will die. If you don’t make a decision you will be lost when Jesus comes again. Make a wise decision and know it’s the best decision of your life.
A New Beginning can help you in every situation you face. I beg you do it before it’s too late. God has a plan for you. He knows your heart and he will enrich your life and give you peace. You can have the assurance of a home eternally.
I hope my message will inspire you to make a New Beginning, Doris
What do you think? Is Santa real or make believe. My idea is that Santa lives in your heart. The way you are raised plays a big part of how you live your life and teach your children. Many times we play the part of keeping Santa alive for our children’s sake. But what about you when the children are no longer your focus?
I believe you need to follow your heart. Some of you say it’s too much trouble to shop and buy gifts for others. Keep in mind, it’s not the gift but it’s the thought that counts.
I met a sweet lady while in the eye doctor and she summed it up. She was the ripe age of 83. She told me she had one son but he worked a lot of hours and wouldn’t be coming to visit her during the holidays. She said ahe wished there were no holidays. Why? Because she had no family to share it with. It was just another day of living alone. Her neighbors and her church were her extended family. Her life seemed very lonely.
I tried to cheer her and explain the holiday feeling was inside our hearts. She could put up some decorations, listen to some Christmas songs and maybe that would help her feel cheerful during the holiday times. After a while, she did say she was going to bake some cookies for her neighbor. I told her that was a good thing.
I want to encourage each person to think about someone to share the holiday with. Not only family but those elderly people that need cheering up. I know we all are so busy in our daily lives with work and family but someone is hurting and longing for a visit from Santa.
Do you think Santa is real or make believe? Let your heart start believing and make an effort to cheer someone this holiday. You might become Santa in their heart and yours.
Happy holidays and Merry Christmas
Queen Rose aka Doris
I am so amazed and happy my Inspiration Art project, 5 canvas painted with acrylic paints is completed!
Another goal, another dream of being a better artist. You have to keep believing you can accomplish any goal you set out to do!
After much research, this was the art I felt spoke to my heart. I love the violin and it had a real meaning to me. I once worked at an elementary school and took violin lessons along with the students. I wasn’t very good even with private lessons. I wish I could be as good as Winslow Davis as he played at Bridgestreet Town Center, Huntsville, Alabama.
Here is my inspiration from the art I found on Light In the Box.
I would love to hear from all of you. Believing in yourself is the ultimate of loving yourself before you can love others. God has blessed me and I like to share my blessings with you!
Please leave comments and let me know how my Inspiration Art compares to the original inspiration.
Wonderful having you on my blog!😍
Yes, I’m writing about the notion that marriages can work even after 50+years.
I am one of the small number of women who still believe marriage is sacred. I have tried many things and many things did not work, at least with my marriage. So maybe some on the list of 50Ways to Stay Married will give you some ideas. Some of them work for me maybe they can work for you!
50 WAYS TO STAY MARRIED
- Use words that are positive and rewarding to your mate. I know there are times you have to let them have it, but remember, you can’t take back words said in haste.
- Tell others how special your mate it and what he means to you. The worse thing you can do is bad-mouth your spouse to others, especially to your children.
- Make his lunch and place a note of love inside.
- Make his favorite meal now and then.
- Include his family when holidays roll around.
- Try not to offend him with hurtful words about his in-laws. There will definitely be times that you will need to talk it out but keep it to a minimum.
- Set aside time for a weekly date. It can be a dinner date, movie, or just a walk in the park.
- Ask him how his day went and listen attentively.
- Stay in tune with his health and how he is feeling on a daily basis.
- Offer to make doctor or dental appointments as needed.
- Find hobbies you both can enjoy. Example; football, camping, water sports.
- Buy his favorite snacks and drinks.
- Bake his favorite cake or cookies.
- Snuggle with him when he’s cold.
- Kiss him good night, every night.
- Laugh at his jokes even when you don’t find them amusing.
- Be able to do some of the home chores without his help.
- Join him at a local church service. This will help to build a strong foundation.
- Always remember birthdays, anniversaries, and holidays with a card.
- Offer to go with him on a business trip, if you can.
- Start each day on a positive note. Tell him you love him!
- Prepare food for his parents when they are sick.
- Ask his friends over for dinner parties.
- Take a vacation where he likes to go.
- Pick up his dirty clothes without complaining. Yes, he could be leaving them on his girlfriends bedroom floor.
- Bake a food item for him to take to his holiday party. You will get rave reviews.
- Ask the kids to honor their father by saying, “yes sir and no sir.”
- Keep the kids quite when he’s watching the game! Most important, it’s his time and they need to watch or go to their room.
- Dress with attire that is appropriate and makes him feel honored.
- Limit your girlfriend phone calls to minimum. Husbands tend to get irritated when you stay on the phone too much.
- Rub his back when he’s had a hard day.
- Focus on his needs before yours. Be available for his sexual needs. There may come a time when he will get what they need somewhere else.
- Don’t interrupt his attitude, he may need nourishment. He may just need to unwind from a hard day. I find this to be true many times!
- Speak softly and do not show anger when things don’t go your way. Compromise!
- Treat your husband with respect. The same will come back to you.
- Set aside a time to reflect on your day and talk out issues that are troubling you both.
- No name calling! This only hurts him and will come back to hurt you in the long run.
- Appreciate his hobbies. This can free time for you to do the things you enjoy.
- Welcome times that he wants to go off with his buddies. We all need time with our friends.
- Be willing to hand over the remote. This is not an easy task. Maybe think about sharing or even buying a TV for the bedroom.
- Keep your car clean. Guys hate dirty cars with all kinds of “stuff” thrown around the inside.
- The man is head of the house. Let him believe it even if you have to take the lead at times.
- Remain faithful until death do us part. God has joined you as one.
- Above all else, keep yourself healthy and desirable.
- Keep the house clean and tidy.
- Have dinner prepared or at least a plan when he comes home from work. You will win brownie points for this one!
- Don’t spend the day in your pj’s even if it’s the weekend. Guys like their ladies to look their best.
- Money issues will arise. Have an open mind when he complains about your shopping habits.
- Make a list of chores you need help with and present it to him. Let him pick one’s he feels comfortable doing.
- Always, always expect to give the best and the best is what you will get in return!
Keep in mind that you and your spouse will always have disagreements. The thing to keep in mind is that you were attracted to each other for many reasons. Look deep into your heart and ask yourself, “Am I willing to endure the little struggles of life in order to have a wonderful life?”
Let me hear from you. I know there a more ways to love and keep your spouse happy. You have to realize know too marriages are alike. You set the pattern when you say I DO. Start today and reclaim your marriage. It’s a daily work in progress but it can happen if you want it to.
I’m hoping 50 WAYS TO STAY MARRIED will give you ideas to get you on your way to a marriage God holds sacred!
In Christian love, Doris
Six avenues of research in your quest to become a self-published author.
- Select your self publishing company. Communicate daily with your advisor.
- Enlist the people in your circle of friends to give you feed-back. They will be honest and give you loads of good advice.
- Select a person to proof read your chapters. ( You can hire a professional. I chose several of my friends to help.)
- Research your title to see if it ranks high with Google. Be creative! It needs to be something catchy.
- Your book cover design is most important. Select an image to inspire your audience and make them want to open the book and read.
- Keep colored photos to a minimal. Color photos can drive up the cost of production. Black and white are cheaper.
Hints to consider
- How much are you willing to spend? You can purchase a medium priced package for under $1,000. It will include loads of features and business support to answer all your thousands of questions.
- I suggest a book calendar to keep you on track. Don’t try to do too many things at once. Build your calendar around topics to be completed. Work with one thing at a time. Start with the most important and work down.
You CAN become a self publish author.
I love to write! I guess you could say it’s been in my blood from an early age. I like to keep lists and starting writing down my thoughts when I used my writing as a stress release. Writing helps me to keep focused on the big picture of life. Feel it, Believe it, Pass it on! The Power of Friendships helps to keep me focused on the big picture!
In 2001 I started a Red Hat group of friends to meet and greet monthly so that we could share our life stories. Of course, I named myself Queen of the Flashy Flamingos. My friends were so excited to have a group to belong to and our group activities include lunch, conventions, and travel. We travel to fun places like Nashville, Atlanta, Savannah, Las Vegas and even San Miguel, Mexico.
I began thinking of ideas for a book and worked endlessly for 6 years accumulating articles, papers, quotes, and an illustrator. I self-published with New York Institution Arts & Design and the end results were amazing. It challenged me to be a self-published writer.
My published book, Feel it, Believe it, Pass it on! The Power of Friendships, is available in paperback, e-book file, and kindle. My pen name is Queen Rose Flamingo. is available at Amazon , Barnes and Noble , or Outskirts Press, Inc . If you would like to purchase directly, please fill out the request.
Do you have a story about friendships to share? We all have a story to tell mine is full of laughter. Reply with some fun stories of your friends. I still have more to share!
Have a great day and keep reading! Queen Rose