My Whimsical Art Queen Studio Coloring Book is coming along great. I’ve been thinking about what I like to color and now to focus on what will inspire other. I’m thinking special events, holidays, and word catchy ideas.
I’ve finished most of the drawings and now to start some embellishments to give the drawings a unique flair. I want my Whimsical Art Queen Coloring Book to inspire the use of bold colors.
I feel creativity is the key to seeing beyond the page and add the artist touch to my drawings. I am more of a Pop Art artist and that gives me an edge to almost child-like coloring pages. I have researched some of the coloring books and the dark areas of most pages don’t appeal to me. My idea is to give my book art for framing or place on their walls to bring joy. I’m dreaming this would be the ultimate reward.
My Whimsical Art Queen Studio Coloring Book is a work in progress but it’s full-filling my need as an artist. I love color and drawing from that I can visualize the pages. Come back soon and even give me advice, I welcome it.
Artist in training,
I am so happy and excited about the way society has embraced adult coloring pages! I love to color and am in the process of creating my own Whimsical Art Queen Studio Coloring Book.
Updates from my previous posts, I’m Waiting with Excitement!, brings joy and happiness with words from myself and my gal friends that shared the Days in San Miguel,2016. Let the fun begin!
Ladies, are you in a hum-drum world of stress and boredom? It’s time to change your world with friendship and kindness. I want to help you along the way. My book, Feel it, Believe it, Pass it on! The Power of Friendships is a moving, funny collection of girlfriends having fun. If you think it’s something for you, read on!
The Queen has a life-map of joy and happiness.
The Power of Friendships is sure to enrich your soul.
All women are in search of lasting relationships that rejuvenate their lives with fun and laughter.
- Let yourself enjoy the right to have fun.
- Listen to your heart.
- Put yourself first for a change.
- Dream in color.
- Play with your friends.
- Travel to far away places even if it is in your mind.
- Wear colors that make you happy.
- Say what you mean and mean what you say.
- Carry sunshine wherever you go. Let your light shine.
- Invite others to join your crusade.
- Enhance your wardrobe with bling bling.
- Listen to your heart and follow your dreams.
- But most of all pass it on to everyone you meet!
Queen Rose is a student of the human condition, wielding the written craft to enrapture the mind much like an artist wields a brush. These pages are a blank canvas on which to draw from a talent heralded by many and matched only by the imagination that rises to the task.
Please feel free to contact me and let’s discuss ways to help you Change Your World with friendship and kindness! I welcomed a change and it blessed so many of my girlfriends lives. Yes, we joined the Red Hat Society and found what we were looking for.
Our first years, 2002, we met monthly and it was always fun and exciting. We met the queen of the Red Hat Society, Sue Ellen Cooper, at Opryland Hotel and danced with 2,000 ladies dressed in purple and pink with red boas flying around. I heard later the feathers stopped up their vents to the air-conditioner system. Now that is a sight to visualize.
Luncheons, parties, and travels began for our group and we became a family. Our group is still meeting and enjoying the times we are together to share family stories and events. It’s been 13 years and we are still going strong. I can bet your life will be enriched and you can change your world with friendship and kindness! Join the change for an exciting life.
Doris aka Queen Rose
I came across a study, actually my boss sent it to me, about the effects of crafting and how it can be beneficial to you. I feel it carries a lot of weight when you think about the hours spent on a hobby or business and you get self-absorbed in blocking the world out. I know crafting helps me personally when I feel down, depressed, or otherwise not myself. I hope you will find this article inspiring.
“It’s okay to do your craft, anytime, any day.” – the Queen said so!
Some highlights are:
- Crafting can help those who suffer from anxiety, depression or chronic pain, experts say it is a good way to increase activities.
- It may also ease stress, increase happiness by releasing neurotransmitter called dopamine.
- Leisure activities such as reading and crafting may protect brain from aging, study finds this to be true.
What is color for you? Do you have white or beige décor? Are your walls plain and dull? Are you mainly wearing the color black or just plain Jane when it comes to your home and attire? I am here to help you get out of the box and try a mood change that will lift your spirits! You can add color to your home using the 60-30-10%!
I’ve always loved color and it gives me the happy spirit I need when feeling down or just not myself. I know many of you are afraid to step out and try something new. If you can’t visualize what a difference it can make, let me help you. Some people have problems with drawing from their creative side of the brain. Well, all that can change and I am the person to help make you take the first step!
I have a certificate from the New York Institute Art & Design and love to share my knowledge with all!
- What will the room be used for? Example office, bedroom, or family room
- Will you need certain pieces of furniture and lighting (this will determine placement & selection)
- What is your favorite color? It helps to add colors you can relate to as you will be using it throughout your home.
- Use the 60-30-10%rule. 60% dominate color, 30% coordinating color (opposite the color wheel), and 10% pops of color. Stay in the same shade family for your choices.
- Select the 60% paint color for your walls.
- Select the 30% color for your furniture, unless you want to play it safe and use beige.
- Select your accessories with 10% color choice.
60-30-10% RULE PLAN
Look in magazines to see what colors and designs you relate to. Collect pictures of furniture and accessories that you like. Look at them and decide your color scheme. Remember the 60-30-10% rule and make decisions based on those numbers!
#1 – The 60% rule is shop for paint colors at Home Depot, I think the Behr paint is the best choice with great coverage. (I have painted my living room 5 times in the past 20 years and swear by it) Home Depot has a wide variety of paint colors to choose from and will even match colors from a swatch of clothing!
- Prepare walls and floors for painting and put your favorite color on your walls. Yes, it’s hard work but come on ladies, you can do it!
#2 – The 30% rule can be one you like a lot or one that is opposite the color wheel. ex: red and blue is the opposite color.Use current furniture or maybe even slip-cover your sofa in a neutral beige.
- Add a chair, picture for the wall, or even a new sofa with a second color choice.
#3 – The 10% rule for accessories.
- Select beautiful accent pieces that coordinate with your current furniture. A throw for the couch or chair, a vase, statue, a rug, or flower arrangement will fall into this rule.
Some of my favorite stores to shop at have quality merchandize and loads of knickknacks to add charm and whimsy to your home. I like to shop at Ross, TJ Maxx, Home Goods, and local thrift stores. I buy at estate sales, yard sales and many antique stores to come up with the one-of-a-kind décor. I use my painting skills to make signs, (see the word sign, GRACE, in the photo below)
I choose happy colors that bring a sort of whimsy to my home. I select turquoise and white with pops of red. I naturally like red, it’s my favorite color, and you need to think what makes you smile. It’s all about how color makes you feel. If you want a soft relaxing color like blue then select a color opposite of the color wheel. If you are daring, like me, select red and turquoise. They are opposite colors that work together perfectly.
My experience with interior design helped me to re-decorate all my rooms and use the 60-30-10% rule!
- I removed wall paper and painted with Behr paint. 60 rule
- I used chalk paint and painted the armoire in the picture to match the chairs. 30 rule (see below)
- I found several great chairs for my dining room from Overstock I love them and they were sent shipping free! (My builder friend, Kathy, built this fabulous farm table for me)
- I use red bar stools and pops of red on the shelves (out of sight) 10 rule
I hope you get the concept of the 60-30-10% rule of decorating. It gives you direction and helps you to start with your task at hand. You should always have a plan to keep you on track. I look forward to you posting some photos of your decorating using this rule!
Come back soon! Doris aka Queen Rose
With the 4th of July right around the corner, I started thinking what kind of decor I had stored away. My stash of seasonal items, located in my laundry room closet, are out of sight. Every time I open the door my kitty, Bootzi, wants to go in and check out boxes and things I have on my shelves. I have to close the door behind me if I want to dig around without her. You see, once she got locked up in that room all day and all I hear was a very faint meow that let me know she was in there.
I like to bring a touch of whimsy to my decor because it makes me happy and cheerful. I found some red, white, and blue bandanas, 2 nutcrackers, and a couple other items to give the dining room a whimsical feature. I sewed the 2 bandanas together and steam press them for a crisp look. I came across 2 pineapple statues and the white color was just what I was looking for. I like to move my decor around to different areas and they look new and gives me that extra touch of whimsy.
I always have seasonal decor and my stash seems to grow year after year. I donate items to our local Salvation Army but find myself going there always bringing something home. I have found some great treasurers there. Just today, my 86-year-old neighbor and I drove to one close by and I bought an angel blowing a trumpet dressed in red, white, and blue. The angel reminded me of my whimsical angel weathervane on the Queen’s Studio.
I love to shop at Hobby Lobby, Old Time Pottery, and Michael when they have sales and coupons. I buy decor for my home that I usually can’t afford otherwise. I find now my taste has changed and I like to recycle household items to give them a farm style look.
Maybe you like to bring a touch of whimsy to your home. If you would like to share your decor, send me an email, if approved I will post it on my page. You can view my page on Pinterest, Red, White, & Blue, for all kinds of neat 4th of July 🇺🇸 things to make, DIY.
Let’s talk soon, drop me a line at thequeenstudio.com with a 4th of July project you completed. I will feature you as a diy blogger and we all can learn from each other.
Let’s keep this party going! Queen Rose🌹