I am so amazed and happy my Inspiration Art project, 5 canvas painted with acrylic paints is completed!
Another goal, another dream of being a better artist. You have to keep believing you can accomplish any goal you set out to do!
After much research, this was the art I felt spoke to my heart. I love the violin and it had a real meaning to me. I once worked at an elementary school and took violin lessons along with the students. I wasn’t very good even with private lessons. I wish I could be as good as Winslow Davis as he played at Bridgestreet Town Center, Huntsville, Alabama.
Here is my inspiration from the art I found on Light In the Box.
I would love to hear from all of you. Believing in yourself is the ultimate of loving yourself before you can love others. God has blessed me and I like to share my blessings with you!
Please leave comments and let me know how my Inspiration Art compares to the original inspiration.
Wonderful having you on my blog!😍
In case you missed the post, Inspiration, I want to update you on my progress. This is the first of several to inspire you to set goals and start a project to inspire your thought process. In this article, my Inspiration Project, the whimsical wall art.
A quick summary of the last article- I’m inspired to paint a colorful arrangement of canvas for my living room wall. I found just what I was looking for on Lightinthebox . The set of canvas are colorful with a whimsical touch. I started researching the items needed to complete the project and thought I would share it with you. I will update my progress as I go along. It will be mind-boggling at first but I’ve set my goal. I feel assured I can achieve it!
Well, I’m on my way to being half way complete. I set my goal and bought my canvas, paints, and brushes and sketched my work.
STEPS TO PREPARE CANVAS
- I gave the canvas an all over coat of light yellow acrylic paint. The canvas has gesso when purchased but I wanted to give more depth to the canvas.
- I started with the lighter color, white and moved onto the darker paint adding variations of each paint color on top of the main color.
- I painted smaller details and added shadow effects around the base and sides of the canvas.
- I penciled in a light drawing of the items in the painting with various colors of green, aqua, orange, darker yellow and beige,
- Several coats of paint later, I outlined the violin and surrounding items.
The center canvas is now complete!
I hope my Inspiration Project will give you a nudge to get off your seat and start your project now! I will gladly give advice and help if you need me. My goal is to share and inspire!